Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Sunday, September 17, 2017

to add a layer or not to layer....that is the question!

The reason this was a challenge is because at each stage of the painting I was so tempted to call it done!  I had to take the risk of ruining all that I had done and just hope that I liked the next layer better than the one I had just finished.  I am glad that I kept going and next time I probably need to push even further.  The trend in painting now, from what I have seen, is obsessively patterned and spattered images.  For me there is a fine line between complexity and just too much.  I am basically a simple soul. Not simple minded, hear, hear!

So this is this week's painting.  I am calling it, "Metro Girls".
.

No comments:

Post a Comment