Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Must be a REALLY GOOD FRIEND!

This is for a really good friend as I do not usually do formal portraits because they are hard and I do not do them enough to be really good at them.!  My hat is off to portrait artists and I would love to be able to paint like John Singer Sargent (one of my idols, if you can be an idol after you are dead???).  I worked on this, on and off for two weeks and it is only about 8x10.  All in all, I have to admit I am proud of it as it looks just like her and I am basically happy with it.  Will I do another any time soon? NO.....

So, in 30 some years I have done one formal portrait and one landscape.  Maybe I need to expand my horizons.....hmmmm...nah...di

No comments: