Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Getting Ready....


 The weeks before a show involve a lot of detail work!  There are labels to submit, prices to assign, wrapping, and sorting.  The biggest job is selecting the work that will be in each show.  The work should be cohesive (a body) and of course you want your best work out there.  Sometimes there is a frantic effort to finish what you are sure will be your best piece ever or in my case this time...an effort to have enough 'smalls' so that anyone can afford an original piece of my art.

Everything is in order...I think, I have everything done except the more smalls the better.  Working on those everyday.  These particular small pieces (4x6") sell at a show for $30 and are original, painted, mixed media pieces.  They are actually fun to do because the imagination can go crazy.  There is more time in them than I am monetarily rewarded for but oh wellllll'....
The show is at Broadway Studios and Gallery, Knoxville, TN for the month of June.  The opening happens to be June 1...which is my birthday, so that is kind of fun.  There are not too many places I would rather be on my birthday other that at a gallery sharing my artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment