Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Monday, March 17, 2014

In the interim.....

Having a main machine malfunction!  My mid-arm is in the shop and I can not quilt my competition piece as planned.  Luckily, I have plenty of time before the deadline so there is no real emergency.  Instead of working on some project on my list...hmmm... I decided to put together a 'boom' quilt that I have just gotten all the blocks back from the  other participants.  What is a 'boom swap,' you ask????  A boom swap is when you have a group of quilters that each send a fat eighth of  their selected fabric to each and every participant.  Then everyone makes a block out of the received fabric and sends it back to the original sender thence the fabric 'boomerangs' back.  Hopefully, that is fairly clear!  I like to participate because I get to play with color and make different blocks.  Plus the camaraderie is always welcome.  I consider activities like these my fun as oppose to the art quilts which I take somewhat seriously.  Soooo, anyhow- here is a pix of the king size to be quilt for my guestroom that I am making out of blocks from all over the US....this is just the center portion.  There will be borders, pillows....etc.  It may take a while...
I received 15 blocks and as  you can see I will have to add some extra....

Other note of interest- have had a quilt accepted into the "Art Quilts Whimsy" show in Cary, North Carolina  April 23-June 22 


1 comment:

  1. The quilt top is coming along beautifully! I'm off to read more...

    ReplyDelete