Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Back from Vacation and trying to get in the grove again!

I am at a stumbling place.  A place where I have two loves pulling against each other.  Painting and textiles are both passions of mine.  For the last 10 years I have focused on textiles and for 26+  years before that I painted.  (I think that means I am old when you add that up!!, but that is a trauma for another day....).
I am having a strong urge to return to my painting roots and have been doing a lot of drawing lately. I feel VERY guilty about wanting to leave the textiles because of the time I have invested in developing my work and following.  So.... for right now I am keeping fingers in both mediums which will not work for very long.  Time will tell!  I have two textile shows coming up, therefore, I stitch until at least December.  Here are some of the drawings I have been working on.  Today, I am going to open up the paint jars and start a sizable painting.  Change, the one certainty in life....






1 comment:

  1. I do love these pictures! The colours just pop and make me smile!

    ReplyDelete