Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Monday, October 9, 2017

"Art in America"

In my September 9th post, I wrote that I wanted to do a John Singer Sargent 'response painting'.  This is it.  I started with the plan to do a country person in a field but then I began reflecting.  Reflecting can be a good thing or a bad thing.  In this case, I think it was a good thing.  I thought how Sargent had painted high society and life in his time.  Now, in contrast, my time is a little different.....art is losing its importance especially with the masses, being cut from schools....etc.  So, this is my 'statement' on the status of the arts today...I will say no more!  I present to you, "Art in America".

No comments:

Post a Comment