Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Saturday, February 3, 2018

An Attempt!

Soooo....had an assignment to do a piece reflecting Mary Cassatt...that in itself was intimidating!  Do not particularly like Cassatt, respect yes, adore no, and I knew I was in for a ride.  I could have done a vaguely interpretive, contemporary piece about mother and child... BUT I knew that because I really did not want to do a sweet, romantic, idealized, somewhat realistic piece, that meant I needed to attempt to do one.

I reviewed Cassatt's work and felt that the work was about a 'snapshot' of idyllic family time/life. So now I had to go get an appropriate 'sweet' photo! ARGH... BUT in the middle of the night (of course) I realized that I had many, many, photos in my photo albums (who would have thought!).  There came to mind a sweet picture of two of my granddaughters at the top of a flight of stairs when they had dug out some ballerina costumes and were ready to put on a show for us! Perfect!!!!

Now I do not profess to be a master at this type of work.  I do not profess to have mastered impressionistic brushwork.  But I do think it is cute and most of all---I conquered my fear and I did it.

Usually my posts are short and sweet but I guess angst takes longer....Sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment