Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Friday, May 5, 2017

New Knee and I am back.....

Had a knee replacement done not quite 3 weeks ago and this is the first piece I have done since then.  'Vulnerable', was a word theme in one of the online classes I am taking and that immediately brought forth an image to my mind that I knew I had to capture.

Having spent the last 19 days progressing from a walker to a cane, I wanted to pay homage to the vulnerability of health and age.  Unfortunately, this really only looks a little like me...looks younger, but hey!.. I think it captures the feeling, thoughts, and resignation of aging.  My friends say I paint myself looking too old anyway.  (I also was referred to as 'elderly' this week....what a week!)

Anyway, I really love this image and hope you enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment