Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Who Knew????

This year has been a great year in my studio!  I have participated in two internet classes that have been exercising and honing my skills.  This piece is for a challenge to paint like John Sanger Sargent.

Now, Sargent, is by far one of my most respected idols.  His portrait work just blows me away (highly technical art verbiage).  I know this piece would probably have Sargent rolling over in his grave but I kind of like it.  It  has nothing in common with my other work but it was a great project to tackle.

Who knew...that I would ever do a 'formal' standing portrait of a male?  I think maybe I should do more (hmmmm).  To be honest, I was really looking for a picture of an old man in overalls to fit in with my 'style in Tennessee', and my sense of humor, but I settled for college boy instead.  Maybe next time a farmer....who knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment