Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Friday, June 7, 2013

New Approach...

So this is a year of experimentation and I am continuing the small art quilts but now I am experimenting with creating my own image, ie silk painting/dying, and then I will explore how I want them finished.  Silk has such a beautiful sheen and it makes the whole piece look so rich!  Will probably be using some hand embellishment, ribbons, and textile paints.  We shall see.  I am already thinking of  another technique in the next batch that will rev the look up quite a bit.  Hopefully, when I try my idea out it will look like what I have in my head.  Always a journey...

Just came back from visiting two of my precious grandaughters in Colorado and guess what we did!  My eight year old is learning sewing and we made....you will never guess....American Girl doll clothes....it was a great trip....


Happy creating....

No comments:

Post a Comment